Friday, October 2, 2009

Relax to the beautiful evocative Celtic song 'Skellig'


Many thanks to James C Elliot who posted this link on my Facebook page. It is a YouTube video set to the music of Loreena McKennitt's 'Skellig'. Skellig is an ancient Celtic monastic settlement in Ireland that I am dying to visit. I mention it in Celtic Treasure. The video is wonderfully evocative with beautiful music and has some great lyrics and visuals. It really transported me into the presence of God. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zE3oAZnsuc

4 comments:

  1. I'm dying to visit Skellig too! It is one setting in my historical fiction I'm working on right now!

    Loreena McKennit's music is fabulous. Skellig is one of my favorite songs, along with Ancient Pines and Dante's Prayer.

    Let's work on getting to Skellig!!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. Such beautiful music and photos make for a calm ending to a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Loretta, you're including it in your historical fiction? How amazing. There's a video about it on YouTube which someone who has visited has kindly taken. This is worth looking at to get a better feel of the place for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Susan, it is just so calming at the end of a busy day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message: