Monday, February 15, 2010

The real nature of Love

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, which can leave many of us feeling excluded. I must say that I much prefer the more inclusive tradition in the US, because any of your friends, male of female can wish you a happy Valentine's Day and send you cards. I still have a lovely rose which doubles as a pen, which my Texan friend and her husband gave me some years ago. And that is the nature of God's love, too - it is totally inclusive and binds us together through each other. 


When I was writing Celtic Treasure, the poem that most moved me was this personal reflection on the nature of God's love:


For love is of God.
It's the life force shaping all creation.
The very essence we breathe.
For love removes boundaries
eradicates prejudice
crosses divides
builds community
and moulds 
history.
Liz Babbs 


Our life is characterised by love: We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4 :19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message: