Friday, July 10, 2009



Am just packing up and preparing for the Scottish launch of Celtic Treasure. I'm speaking and leading workshops at the International Christian Dance Conference in St Andrews. Britain will be dancing to my prayer from Celtic Treasure 'On Lindisfarne' which I will be voicing 'live' with music. Can't wait to meet and worship with 300 plus dancer from across the world.

Here's the prayer, taken from page 19 of Celtic Treasure

On Lindisfarne
On Lindisfarne
walking in the footsteps
of Saint Cuthbert
I know I an standing
on Holy Ground.
Sacred steps that prayed,
surrendered,
sacrificed,
saved.
And their memory lingers on....
An inspirational presence
saturating the landscape
with the holiness
of the one
true
God.
Liz Babbs

2 comments:

  1. Here's one of my favorites:

    As the setting sun reddens the western sky, we bless you;

    As the moon rises in the east to greet the coming night, we worship you;

    As another day draws to an end and the evening stars appear, we praise you.

    This night the seas will rise and sweep clean sands whose beauty has been marred by restless footsteps;

    Restore your image in us, Lord, as we sleep, which we have wounded by our foolishness and greed;

    Bless and protect us, Lord, and those we love;
    Grant us a quiet night and a perfect end, so may we greet you,
    come the dawn, with hearts and minds made new. Amen.

    Prayers of Creation - Cowethas Peran Sans

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message: